Monday, October 26, 2015

Do. All. The. Things.

I hear from people all the time that they would like to run or do something but just can't seem to find the time.  Here's my answer...Nobody has the time- it is making something a priority and sticking with a plan.
Here's my typical day- wake up at 5 or earlier if my two year old decides we need to party
Drop off kid #1 at daycare, get kid #2 on bus.
Go to work.
Get done with work and do random errand.
Get kid #2 off bus, head into city to get kid #1 from daycare.
Go to gym and run
Get home, Cook dinner, wrangle children/dogs/husband
Get kids to bed
Do school work
Go to bed.
Seem crazy? Maybe.  However, I know what my goals are and I adjust my life and training accordingly.  Anyone can run, it is all about putting in the effort to RUN WELL.
One of my favorite quickie workouts is as follows...(I do this on the treadmill since I am usually pressed for time...)
Warm up .25 miles, .25 mile hill
Crank up speed to a 'fast' run or approximately 10k pace for .5 miles
Repeat- .25 easy, .25 easy with incline, .5 fast pace until you hit 5 miles or more. Then do a cool down of whatever you need- I typically do at least 1/2 mile.
That's it.  Nothing too exciting, but a good way to get in a workout if you are pressed for time.  The miles will click by pretty quickly because you're constantly doing different things.
Enjoy and Happy Running

No comments:

Post a Comment