Thursday, January 19, 2017

Swiftwick socks product review #chaseadventure

** Disclaimer- I was in no way compensated or received free product for this review**

I am a self-proclaimed 'cheap runner'. I always buy shoes on discount, wear non-tech fabrics (unless it's a shirt from a race or a gift), I have a pre-used GPS watch that was passed down from a friend, and my nutritionals are laughable for the most part.  It's not that I am not willing to throw down some cash for a race, however, I all but pride myself on my purest views of running.  And I also get really excited about saving money on stuff because I tend to be a serial shopper and a full believer in retail therapy. 

One thing I have fought tooth and nail with myself about is buying good running socks.  I have read the testimonials, seen the technology, and even oogled at the pretty colors, but I have never EVER purchased a high tech pair of socks.  I never really had an issue with the good old packs of 8 pairs of cotton socks from Marshall's and if it ain't broke, why try to fix it?  Well, I am a changed woman.

A few weeks ago, I was working on a blog post for my job and taking some pictures at a local running store.  As I interviewed the manager about new products he let me know about a store discount that we receive as a participating event.  As to not look like a jerk, I knew the best thing was to make a purchase that day.  At the moment, there was not too much else I needed in the way of running gear, and the holidays were quickly approaching so I didn't want to buy something I had already requested as a gift.  I grabbed a pair of Swiftwick Aspire no-show socks that would match my race kit and off I went.  A few days later I hopped on my treadmill and banged out a 10 mile run and couldn't believe how amazing something as simple as a pair of socks changed my run.  No longer were my shoes soaked with sweat and the two toenails that had bitten the dust at my last marathon a few weeks prior didn't even hurt or bleed.  It wasn't like I was prepared to be a foot model or anything, but the results were amazing.  The little bit of compression in the arch of my foot also made a huge difference and even helped to ward off some of the impending arch pain that I typically experience after long dates with the 'mill. 

It's a bad bet to say 'never' for anything, but there's a pretty good chance that I am a convert.  My closing message to Swiftwick is this....shut up and take my money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment