Friday, January 11, 2013

Hot Damn do I love tofu

Aloha Friends!
Today, I am going to call "hot Damn do I love tofu".  This is not a joke.  Only a few months ago I believed that tofu was a species of hippie slime from another planet, but now I realize that this is not the case.  I have had bad tofu before, and bad tofu is REALLY BAD.  It is like a gigantic opaque booger on a plate, but in my quest to get my family to eat a little better I have found some totally rad ways to use tofu.  I was even able to sneak tofu pudding into my chest-pounding, meat-eating husband last night.  Great success! Please see below for the recipe.
 For this wonderful Friday, I wanted to indulge myself in something nice, so you know what I did? That's right, I sprang for muslin produce bags!  Don't judge.  I have three very large dogs and I still have bazillions of plastic bags from the grocery store hanging around that constantly fall out of my cupboards.  I assume that any of you animal owners know what I mean by the last statement, but in case you don't have pets, I will explain.  Big dogs poop a lot.  And they really enjoy it.  I firmly believe that they take even more enjoyment out of watching their owners pick up their dumps with left over plastic bags.  I honestly think my dogs wait until we are as far away from a trash can as possible before they drop a deuce so they can laugh at me while I walk around with a giant hand full of crap.  I digress though, I bought produce bags to take to the store so I don't have to have everything individually bagged and deal with the plastic tumbleweeds afterwards.  Younger friends, these are the things you get excited about when you are old. 
So everyone, Happy Friday.  Eat some tofu.  Have a great weekend.

Tofu pudding
1 package firm tofu, pressed and drained
1/2 sugar
1/2 cocoa
1 c soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 very ripe banana (you can omit this, I add a banana so I feel better about the 1/2 c of sugar)

Blend everything in a blender of food processor until totally smooth.  Give it about an hour or so to set up.  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment