Monday, January 21, 2013

There's something to be said for oreos.  They make life that much better.  I know that it's not exactly a profound statement, but it is true.  The oreo is like a little piece of magic icing cloaked in a dark mysterious cookie cape.  If you don't get the idea yet, I am an oreo junkie.  Tonight my husband decided to "remind" me (a.k.a. tell me for the first time) that he has a work pot luck this week and needs a desert.  I jumped at the chance to try out the oreo recipe below.  I run for a reason.  It is so I can inhale these little pieces of joy. 

Since we are on the subject of running, let me tell you something....there is NOTHING worse than being stuck on a treadmill.  Wait, I digress, there is NOTHING worse than being stuck on a treadmill next to someone who decided to douse themselves in cologne before coming to the gym. I don't get it.  If you put on enough toilet water that you taste it, wouldn't you think to give it a rest?  Or are you like, " a little is good, so a gallon must be great?!".  It is not great.  You are gross.  Please use this as a precautionary tale.  If you ever think it is a good idea to dab on a little Cool Water for Men or Old Spice before hitting the gym, it is not.  Just don't do it.  Please, because next time I may have to vomit on your shoes.  thanks

Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Goodness
1 box brownie mix (8x8 inch size)
24 oreo cookies
1/2 c creamy peanut butter

Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions.  For each cupcake spread 1 tsp pb on 2 oreos and stack them.  Place the oreos into lined muffin cups.  Top with 2 tbsp brownie mix.  Bake 18-20 mins or until brownies are cooked through. 
Makes 12 (I would do at least double)

No comments:

Post a Comment