Monday, January 28, 2013

"So, are you having a bit of a weight problem?"
No, butthead, I'm pregnant. 
This is the story of my day today.  Unless you are in my immediate family, or my yoga teacher, you might have noticed that I have been wearing leggings, a lot as of late.  You guessed it folks, baby momma strikes again.  My husband and I are expecting our second kiddo sometime in September and I couldn't be more happy.  It is really nice to take some time off from running races every weekend and suffering through long training runs.  Don't get me wrong, my enthusiasm will be totally renewed and I'll be extra crazy this fall post-baby, but for the time being it will be nice to have a break. 

If you have not noticed I love running.  I can't even explain our relationship with the words in the English language.  I eat, breathe, and live running.  I love to talk about running, read books and magazines about running, figuring out splits, and the list goes on and on.  I also love helping others love what I love, because getting you ass out the door makes you a better person.  That might sound vapid, but damnit, it is the truth.  You ever need a running partner-- I'm your girl.  I have plenty of long, boring stories to fill the time and the uncanny ability to get lost.  Enjoy yourselves friends, and remember; only you can make the world a better place one step at a time. 

Spread the running love.  I'm going to go eat a sandwich.

This is a classic....Eat it and like it.

Black Bean Burgers
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
panko bread crumbs
salsa
cilantro
cheese, avocado, and whatever else you wanna top your burger with.

Mash 3/4 of the black beans with a potato masher or large spoon.  Add a few tablespoons of salsa--less is more to start, you can always add salsa, but not take it out. Thrown in the unmashed beans. Add bread crumbs by the tablespoon until the mixture is fairly dry and you can make patties.  Form the mixture into 4 patties and put them on a plate and cover with plastic wrap.  Let these bad-boys rest for at least an hour in the fridge.  Pan fry the patties in a little grapeseed oil or just in a pan coated with cooking spray.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment